Monday, May 5, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week!

Teacher appreciation week was this week and boy do we love our teachers. I know with my dad's job I probably shouldn't single out any teachers...but I have to say my kids teachers are truly the BEST!



Conner and Mrs. Skidmore. Notice the door...Conner came up with this idea on his own. Mrs. Skidmore loves cows so we made her door look like a cow and made sure she knew she was a mooovelous teacher.



Tanner had to have his picture with Mrs. Skidmore too.




The kids made this cute bouquet of flowers with their pics in the middle.


The whole class together...Notice my 3 other kids think that they are part of the class too. We spend so much time in Mrs. Skidmores class the kids just love her. Max was named their class mascot or as Conner likes to say"Maxscott". I told Mrs. Skidmore to watch out, she sees us so much the next thing she knows we'll be coming over for Family Home Evening too.


This is how we decorated her white board. Each of the kids took a letter of the alphabet and wrote something they loved about Mrs. Skidmore. These first graders were so smart and clever with some of the things they came up with. I was impressed.



Miss Renee & Taygan


If you can't tell from the picture Taygan adores Miss Renee!



Miss Renee wanted a group hug to tell the kids thank you for the cute gifts. The kids were only more than happy to oblige. All the kids adore her & the moms too I might add.


This little gift was the cutest thing I have ever seen...One of the moms painted this on a twin sheet and then we helped all the kids put their handprint on a flower stem and sign their name....sooo cute and sooo fun. Miss Renee loved it! The kids also made the candy bouquet in the middle of the table. Miss Renee loves candy so the gift was perfect.


The last thing we did at her party was make her a little scrapbook. Each of the kids did a page of things they love about Miss Renee. It turned out so cute.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to teachers everywhere for all you do. And especially to my kids teachers..Thanks for all you do. Not only for teaching them but for loving them too! We Love You so Much!

13 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

I'll bet these teachers really love having Moms like you, take the time to appreciate them. That's awesome.

Amy said...

You have been doing so many fun things! You have to call us when you come visit. Maybe we can BBQ and swim. Let us know, we can invite a bunch of people and just have fun...

The Swainston Family said...

Wow, holy cow! What alot of fun things you guys have been doing. I love all the ideas. I am still thinking for a wonderful gift for Sariah's kindergarten teacher. We also think she is one awesome teacher!

Heidi Kjar said...

How sweet to do this for their teachers. You are an awesome mom. I got your comment about helping Tauna. Thank you so much for considering helping. It is a lot of money to raise and I haven't had any response yet:( so you boosted my spirits with your comment! Thanks

Jodi said...

What fun ideas... I'll have to steal some of those for next year. Did Stacee tell you I saw her at Sea World? It was so funny! We decided we all need to meet for lunch sometime in Layton or something. I miss going to lunch with you, Stace, and Pam! Adrie lives in Utah County kind of by me so she wants to come too. We'll have to plan it for sure.

Elder Larkin said...

I like your new blog layout! It's so cute.

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Holy Cow!!!! I haven't been on the computer for a while and you had lots of fun posts to catch up on! Seeing all the fun pictures of your kids at baby animal days, soccer, teachers...that is what I get excited for when mine are older and the smaller town feel. My sis. had Miss Renee for her oldest boy and didn't want to leave the valley so that all her kids could have her!
Thanks for the B-day shout out. Of course I remember the Winnie the pooh cake! Why don't I remember that ours were only 2 days apart? (mine is the 4th) Of course you had to pick the most beautiful picture of me!!!

Emily J. said...

Great teachers make the experience don't they. The kids look so happy. It is good to have you back blogging.

Brandi said...

Mindy, Mindy...I don't know what you're talking about...you guys look just as busy/fun as we are!!! Or more...the 'Teacher Appreciation' week was ADORABLE...what cute ideas!!! Your kids are getting so big...are you guys having anymore? (Not that 4 isn't enough to handle!) The kids and I are definitely coming to Logan...probably in June. We should take the kids to the water park and the little zoo. I've been gone from Logan for 3 years now, so maybe there is more to do...you'll have to fill me in! About the shoes, check Macys.com, they are bound to have something cute...maybe zappos.com too. I did find WAY cute brown ones at journeys.com if you need brown. Anyways, I'm totally rambling on now, so have a great day!!!

Con & Vicki Haycock said...

I have been in Mss Renee's classroom and she is way cool. She truly loves teaching those children and they love her in return.

~Kreitzers said...

Yea for teachers and those who appreciate them!

Kona & Jared Harper said...

I can't believe how big those kids are!! They are so cute and i can't wait to see them on saturday!!! Check out my blog and some of the fun pages we are doing Let me know what you think!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for great teachers! Cute ideas.