Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tay's Special Friend Day at School

Today was Taygan's "Special Friend Day" at school. Each child got to bring two special friends to school with them. Tay really struggled with this...her list consisted of about 10 people when she started and I told her she had to take it down to two. Oh Boy! So she decided she wanted Grandma Vicki for sure. I told her that she wouldn't be able to come because Grandma works on Wednesdays. She then went down the list to Grandma and Grandpa Norton. Again I had to tell her that they couldn't because they were going to be gone. She then went to Aunt Chalet and I had to break her heart again and tell her she had to work too, "but not to worry because I would be there"...Ya I got the "Oh Joy" look, so I quickly added that daddy would be able to come too and then I got some excitement out of her. "Yea Daddy's coming to my school"!! I try not to get my feelings hurt too badly, even though I did have to go through natural child birth with this one. But no big deal Tay, I still LOVE you!

Tay got up on the microphone and announced so proudly that she had brought her mom and dad and their names are Cody and Mindy...too cute!

I had to tell Cody to look alive..."after all it's not every day you get to go to school with your "only" daughter". I layed it on pretty thick, but come on man take one for the dad team!


Tay got to draw a picture of her special friends that came...she wasn't satisfied until every inch of that page had color on it. She's a very good artist.

They had us do a little service project and decorate the paper bags that Lee's Marketplace puts grocery's in on Valentines Day! Cute idea!


Heres a little song that Tay's class sang to us! Such a great group of singers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taygan I love you and miss you tons! You are getting so big and your so cute. How much fun to take your Dad and Mom with you to school! When are you coming to St. George to see your new cousin? I sure hope soon!

Elder Larkin said...

How cute is she?! You really do have a beauty of a daughter. She looks just like you! You're lookin' good Min, and I love your new haircut. I got my bangs cut just like yours. How funny is that? Probably on the same day too. Jk.

The Swainston Family said...

Tay is so cute. What a fun day you had today! You look really good!!! I love your hair. What a great special friend day you had today! What a cute little girl you have. I love the picture with Tay and her dad and mom. What a precious day it was today for you!

Keslers said...

Tay you are such a babe! How fun to take your parents to school. You are quite the artist and a cute one at that. love ya

Chalet said...

Hey Tay...next time check with me...I probably would have been able to come today...dang it! Looks like you had fun anyway! I can't wait to play in the snow with you!!!! Love ya...

PS...I LOVE your dress!!!

Tia J said...

Mindy you have the cutest girl!! I feel your pain when you get the oh joy look about mom doing something. I get it from Trae he's only 2 not suppose to happen yet! I just think he says it cause hes a mama's boy and doesn't want everyone else to feel bad! :)
You are such a good mom what fun to decorate and eat on valentine plates!

Con & Vicki Haycock said...

Tay babie you are so dang cute. I really wish I could have been there but how fun to have your dad and mom go to school. love all the smiles and the heart pancakes.
grandma vicki