Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Snow Fun at the Cabin!

Another fun weekend at the cabin. There was so much snow...in fact there was a four foot wall of snow around the whole island. We just can't get enough, I guess were making up for all that lost time while we were in St George soaking up the sun. Oh wait that's what we couldn't get enough of..hmm maybe we should move back!
Cody would miss this too much.

Each of the kids had to take a turn...this is so fun dad...


...or is it? What happened guys?

Conner sure figured it out in a hurry!

Our fearless Tanner man tried to brave the big hill...he just follows the big boys and thinks he can do it too!

Maxxy needed a turn and all the big sleds were gone so Grandma took him out on the mini Z.


Well Grandpa let Conner try out the '08 and it was over from there. Conner didn't want anything to do with the mini z. "Give me the big sled boys"! He looks tiny on it but he really did a good job handling it.

Oh wait...is that a hole? Conner found himself in quite the predicament here. Once again a case of following the big boys into trouble.

We took a little break and headed up to West Yellowstone for a day. It's tradition for us to have a picture with this bear but we couldn't get around to the front because of all the snow, therefore:) The butt shot!
We did our family pic in front of this mean Grizzly Bear instead.

We ran into this moose on the island so we chased him around till Conner begged us to stop! What?! I thought it was the kids that couldn't get enough of this stuff. Conner finally confided in us that he didn't want the moose to go get his "pack" and come back and get us. So cute! I love the innosence of a child.

Our snow tunnel at the cabin.


Tay is coming out the other side.

Ok this is a little crazy...it is a sheet of ice that finally fell off the roof.

The roof is clear but the snow is up to the top of it. The kids had so much fun sliding from the roof into all that snow.
Conner getting ready to slide on down.

Max our little snow monster. This kid is happiest in a big pile of snow!!

7 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

That looks so darn fun! I think I'm gonna invite myself to do it with you guys someday. What fun memories! You're kids will never forget these days. Enjoy them as often as you can!

The Swainston Family said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. I wish we could of gotten out to our cabin this weekend. But we would of gotten suck. What great memories you kids are going to have!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I don't mind if you peak at our blog one bit. It's so fun to see everyone from school, and all their cute kids. It still blows me away that we are all married and have little ones running around. I still feel like we just graduated :)

Jana Homer said...

Okay, so when do the Homers get to come snowmobiling?! That looks like so much fun! We've always wanted to take our kids to Yellowstone! Luuuckkkyy! Hey do you want to run a Half Marathon in May? My cousin signed up for the Hurricane half in May! How come I never heard of it before? Let me know. If you run it, then I will too!!

Con & Vicki Haycock said...

Mindy you got a good pic of the moose and you are speedy getting things on the blog. I am still trying to get the pics on mine. What memories.
Grandma vicki

Brandi said...

Looks like you all had a blast! I wish there was good skiing/snowmobiling here...I miss the west!

Anonymous said...

Fun in the snow! Can I come play? I can't wait to see you guys. I miss you all tons. Nice butt shot with the moose. haha