Friday, February 8, 2008

Book Tag

My sister-in-law, Chalet, tagged me and here are the instructions
The rules are as follows:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next five sentences.

5. Tag five people.

Ok so I'm a little nervous about this one because if my sister Misty gets on and reads this tag she is going to realize I still have her book and she's going to want it back before I'm done, even though I've had her book for months...Mist, just give me a few more weeks!

The book is Angel and The Enemy by Marnie L. Pherson
Setting: During the Civil War

pg. 123
"I really think if she can just face her demons, and you can help her make peace with the past, that she can come back home and marry the man she loves. "

Elijah bit his lip and the twinkle that had been in his eyes before vanished. "I- uh," he fumbled, turned his back to Everett and crossed to the stove to stoke the fire. "I'll check on her... make sure she is safe, but I can't guarentee I'll be able to do anythin' about the past."

Well just do the best you can. I'm sure the Lord'll take care of the details

Yes I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, I love a sappy love story every now and again. Misty and her friends all loved this book and said I had to read it so try it out.

I tag Emily, Melissa, Talesha, and Cindy

2 comments:

The Swainston Family said...

Mindy-
I think I am going to try reading this book, too! I am a hopeless romantic at heart too! Have a great day!

Con & Vicki Haycock said...

Mindy do you think that I would enjoy this book? I will send "The Glass Castle" home with Chalet this weekend if they come.