Even though the weather in Logan wasn't so great we decided to treck up to Beaver Mountain to get in some night skiing. The wind was terrible and made it impossible to see at some points. We had to stop and help pull some one else out and should have turned around then but we kept on treking and had a really fun night.
All of us in front of the fire at Beaver Lodge. This was the best place to stay warm so it wasn't available most of the night.
The boys looking at all the skiiers coming down little beaver, (really I think they were trying to decide if they wanted to go out and brave the wind and snow).
Well, we bundled up for a little sledding since we chickened out on skiing in the wind.
Tredging up the hill...(the hill that didn't look much like a hill until you started pulling a sled full of kids up it)..I might add
Tay and Cody came down first. You can tell Tay was loving it!
Conner made his first solo run and face planted as soon as the sled hit powder!
Me, Tay, and Max liked making the slow runs. Thanks for the big green sled Val, we tried to fit everyone in once...ya that was funny!
Tanner doing who knows what...just being Tanner I guess!
Ya look at that grin..Tanner got caught looking through my wallet for quarters to go play the video games. "I don't have anything in my hand mom, I promise".
Kylee this last picture is for you...I know how much you love to look at our blogs...and you say you don't miss us at all...or all the fun we have without you... so here is a picture of your friends having fun without you too! Maybe this will make you miss us a little more. j/k love you lots and lots and miss you too. And Lex you little pansy why aren't you in any of the pictures? You should have come up it was fun!A sweet little story about prayer to end our night:
We started to head for home and before we'd even gone a mile we had to completely stop and wait for a white out to pass. Conner immediately suggested that we say a prayer. Cody said ok we'd pray just ahead at the stop sign. Taygan immediately jumped in saying "No Dad I think we should pray right now." Tanner with his good sence but few words piped right up and said, "No Tay if Dad closes his eyes right now we will crash into the snow".
We did say a prayer as soon as we stopped and we made it home OK. The faith of a child never ceases to amaze me. In fact it keeps me grounded and helps me to remeber that it is the little things that are really important. I'm so greatful that my children already know the importance of prayer and the power it can have in their lives. They are little living testimonies to us as parents.





5 comments:
Haycock Family looks like you are having a great time in the snow. Cody and Mindy it is a testimony to the grandparents of those beautiful little angles that Heavenly Father has given you for just a few short minutes, that maybe we as parents did do something right in the bring up of our children. Oh and Cody I believe that the question was what was I DOING TEN YEARS AGO. Why don't you do the tag and then you can tell us what you were doing 10 years ago. Love ya Grandma Vicki The music is coll tooo
Yea, I really did miss your last four blogs! I don't know what happened. But you guys have been busy havin' fun! That looks like a riot!
Your comment made me laugh! So funny. And so true about getting to know who people are instead of what they are in high school. So true! Anyways, fun post up at Beaver, I miss skiing up there, we
might have to head up one night.
I loved your story about prayer. Our kids are little living testimonies to us, huh. Sariah came down with a rash a couple of weeks ago and said to Curtis, Daddy I need a blessing could you call Grandpa to help give me one? So Curtis called his dad, well the next morning Sariah got up and announced to me that her rash was gone. She said," Mommy it is because Daddy gave me a blessing and Heavenly Father helped it go away. I knew it would if daddy gave me a blessing." I'm so glad that we have the priesthood in our home. Good luck on your run tomorrow! I'll be rooting for you in my heart at home because my mom, and sister are having a craft day at my house tomorrow! Oh, no I better get going to clean some before bed!!!
Alot of FUN in the snow. I want to go Ski. I guess I'll just have to wait till next year. What an awesome story about Prayer! You'll have to for sure write that one down. Cute Cute kids! We love you guys.
Post a Comment