Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I just wanted to wish a wonderful Dad a Happy, Happy Father's Day!

Cody Thanks for all you do for these kids!


It's pretty obvious how much these kids adore their Dad!


Our Father's Day was spent pretty different than most, but we were so happy to be able to spend it with Grandpa Steve! Grandpa got sick pretty sick last Tuesday and we all thought maybe he had the flu, but when things took a turn for the worse we took him to the hospital. Hours later and after a ton of blood work, an EKG, an MRI, and numerous other testing they decided he was in no immediate danger and sent him home. Friday he did seem a little better and then took another turn for the worse. This time we opted to take him to McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden. They did a spinal tap and a chest x-ray and found both pneumonia and spinal meningitis. Luckily it was only viral meningitis and no one else has been infected so far. Gramps got to come home yesterday and we are so glad he is back and feeling better. We Love you Grandpa & hope you had a Happy Father's Day!


Due to airborne precautions we had to wear a mask in Grandpa's room....the kids thought this was pretty cool though.


Gramps opening his Father's Day gifts.

Kaysha, Kaleigh, Kinsley, and Tay hanging out with Grandpa.


Brett decided to put Grandpa out of his misery ...OK he was just pretending, Right Brett!?!


Grandpa was just milking it for all it's worth. He got Brett to rub his head and I was at the foot of his bed rubbing his feet. Anyone who knows how much I love feet knows that was service at it's greatest. Love you Dad!!


This was too cute not to post. Dylan who doesn't quite walk yet had a blast pushing Max down the halls....


...and then he would try to wake him up. There was no waking this kid, he was out!

8 comments:

The Swainston Family said...

I am glad your dad is doing better. That is a way cute picture of Dylan pushing max down the hall. When can we do a play date?

Heidi Kjar said...

I love the picture of your husband and kids- your family couldn't be any cuter:)!

Elder Larkin said...

Happy Father's Day Cody!
I'm so glad your Dad is okay Mindy. I'll bet that was a little scary. Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

Mindy, you got some pretty cute pictures. What a crazy weekend. It was so much fun to see you guys. I'm glad things are looking better for Grandpa Steve. It got kinda scary there for bit. Love ya

Cody and Mindy said...

dylan likse to play with max

Becky said...

How scary?! I'm glad he's doing better!! When I think of Mr. Steve I always think of him as such a funny dad... He always treated me like one of the kids!! I loved it!!

Chalet said...

Glad to see it all turned out okay!

Melissa Bosen said...

Glad he recovered quickly once they figured out what the problem was. I missed seeing him at the reunion when he was in China. Maybe he'll be down for the one in AZ.