Conner and Tay competed in their first triathlon this weekend. The Sports Academy put on a family triathlon so we decided to try it.

Conner, Tay and G-ma Vicki ready to swim.

Conner looking into the water wondering what his Mom has got him into.

Cody helping him break into the chilly water a little faster.

Go Conner...he had to swim 75 yards. He was nervous since this was his first so he decided to use a kick board just in case.

He decided to ditch the kickboard and finished strong!

I unracked the bikes while Conner struggled to get dry socks on his wet feet.

Chalet was Conner's personal transition helper..it is harder than it looks especially when you are trying to hurry. Thanks Chalet!

We biked the 2.5 miles and Conner wasn't sure he still wanted to run. One loud "Come on Conner" from G-ma Vicki got him pumped again.

We hurried to put the bikes away....

...and were off to start our 3/4 mile run.

There we go!

Conner wanted to finish in front of the last runner from the older division so he really kicked it in the end...a little competition is good for ya.

Almost there...

Finally, "I made it"!!

No hugs for his tri partner, but he did give me a high five. Way to go Conner we are so proud of you. That was tough and you were so strong!

OK so here is our 2nd little triathlete. Tay's group started last and she had her G-ma Vicki as her partner and motivater.

I swear the girl had a smile on her face for the whole 50 yard swim.

And they are off to find their bikes.

Cody and the boys helping Tay transition.

G-ma Vicki was good at the transition thing, of course she had Tanner and Maxxy to help her.

There they go... off on their 1 mile bike!

...and here they are finishing strong. Do you think the poor girl needs a more girly bike?! You gotta love Spiderman though.

Cody and Tay are off on their 1/2 mile run. G-ma Vicki pulled something in her leg and wasn't sure she should run on it. Way to tough it out on the bike grandma!

Here comes little Tay...

She was determined to beat this little guy.

Way to go Tay...hugs from g-ma Kathy, Kylee, and G-pa Steve.

Our little athletes enjoying a post race snack. They wondered why it was bananas...I told them they better start loving bananas if they are going to be runners.

Tay sporting her medal. She had the fastest time in her group.

Conner had to check out his medal extra closely to make sure it was OK. We were so proud of these two. They did great and are excited for the next one. I am yet to compete in my 1st since I havn't got the swimming thing down yet, but I am going to compete as the runner for a team tri in a couple of weeks. That should be fun for now! Chalet thanks for all the pics(yes almost 200 of them), and G-ma Vicki thanks for being Tay's support.
9 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is soooooo awesome!
Way to go Tay, and Conner!!!
WAY TO GO CONNER AND TAY!!! We are so proud of you two. I can't wait to see your medals the next time we are up there and hear all about. I see you both had some fans there to cheer you on :) Good Luck Mindy with your team tri in a couple of weeks. To Grandma Vicki I hope your leg is okay and it's nothing serious. CONNER AND TAY AWESOME TRI!! WE LOVE YOU!
I'm actually still in Utah. We will be going to Pine Valley Mtn. tomorrow or the next day for the rest of the week. But I think we'll be back on Saturday! It really was good to see you. Next time we need to do game night again. We seriously had so much fun with you and Cody, Cody & Chalet.
Yeah for Tay and Conner! What a great time that you guys had! I remember walking with you when I was first pregnant with Sariah and I would stop and puke on the side of the road and keep going! We do need to go to our cabins! You say a date and we can set it!
Mindy I'm so jealous of all the cool stuff you guys get to do! What's the matter with us down here that we don't have triathalons for kids...maybe we do and I just don't know about them! You are a great mom to be teaching your kids to love exercise. They will be healthier because of it and will surely thank you later!
I think it's soooo cool that your family is so active. My husband and I were just talking the other day that we have to be active because we don't want kids that sit around and watch TV all the time, way to set the bar high for the rest of us :O)
How fun does that look? Maybe one of these days when my kids learn to ride a bike and swim I'll do that with them! You guys are such good examples about staying active! We came up for a quick visit this past weekend, and didn't get a chance to call! I wish we could have stayed longer to come visit! Thanks for your memory! You know I feel the same way about you girl! Although I'd have to say my most favorite memory of all times was girls night at my house! I haven't laughed that hard since... we need to do it again!!
Hey Mindy its Lana from Preston. I ran into Taleasha and she gave me your blog address. It was awesome to see your family. I had no idea you were back in logan. We are at markandlana.blogspot.com. Get in touch with me, I would honestly love to catch up!!
Lana
Mindy, time for a new post! I miss you!! :)
Post a Comment