We made it to the cabin Friday night and Grandma had dinner waiting for us. The night wouldn't be complete without storytime....but first....
...we had to get in a game of Transfromers Risk. Conner thanks for letting us play your awesome game! We got a good night sleep because we knew there'd be lots of snowmobiling in the morning !
Our first trip of the season on the sleds. This is our family, Grandpa Con and Grandma Vicki, and Uncle Cracker and Aunt Chalet at Big Springs. This was our first stop of the day. Grandma Vicki took the kids back to the cabin after this trek and Grandpa Con took the rest of us including Crackers family on an adventure. An 89 mile adventure!! (I wasn't keeping track or anything, I was just freezing!) There were times I thought I 'd just stop and wait for them to come back for me and there were times I didn't even care if they ever came back for me.. OK so I kept on going and Mesa Falls was definatley worth it.
The kids had a blast feeding the ducks and the fish at Big Springs.
If you look really close you can see the size of these fish.. I guess it's because they get fed so much. It was fun to watch the fish jump out of the water and eat the bread before the ducks could even get to it.
This is Mesa Falls, beautiful huh! There is a marathon here in August ( and a half marathon) and it is just as beautiful in the summer time, so if anyone would like to run it with Alexa and I let us know . It would be lots of fun!
Cody and I in front of the falls.
This is looking straight down the falls and heck no I didn't take this picture. Chalet (Cody's sister) took it for me. Thanks Chalet!!Grandpa Con and Grandma Vicki got the kids a new little sled for Christmas this year! Conner and Tanner were the first to go for a ride on the new "mini z". It is the cutest little thing I've ever seen and the kids were soooo excited!!!
Conner had to be the first to sit on the new sled.
Tay didn't waste any time getting her turn and she kept up with the boys. That girl can sure hold her own, even if she does where a pink helmet-- boys!
Max couldn't get enough of the mini Z and we didn't even have to convince Conner to take him for rides. Imagine that!
Conner was just like the big boys and couldn't resist the powder. He got stuck a few times but Cody was right there to teach him how to get out. He learned how to stand on one side to control the sled better and he groomed himself quite the little trail and didn't have any troubles getting stuck after that.
Max spent a lot of time on Grandma's bed watching everyone outside in the snow. If he couldn't be outside he at least wanted to see what was goin on. He spent a lot of time at the front and back doors begging for anyone to let him out ...
... Or here in the laundry room window watching everyone load up on the sleds and take off with out him. Don't feel too sorry for him though he got his fill of the snow machines he just couldn't get enough!
My little snowbunnies! Aren't they the cutest bunnies you've ever seen? Island Park had so much snow and it snowed everyday we were there. The kids couldn't get enough of it. Every chance they got they were out in the snow. I guess kids adjust a little quicker to the weather because I'm still being whimpy and missing St. George!!





1 comments:
WOW!!! I am SO impressed. Thanks for posting the pictures...now I can steal them and put them on mine. I will enter you in the "Pay if Forward" drawing now!
Post a Comment